Because sometimes those single line MD5 hash generators just aren’t efficient.
What’s a Bulk MD5 Hash Generator?
The concept of the batch MD5 hash generator is simple. Let’s say you have a list of values: names, addresses, telephone numbers, URLs, whatever, it doesn’t matter, and you’d like to convert each of those values to MD5 for whatever reason; then the official Nullamatix.com Bulk MD5 Hash Generator Tool is exactly what you need. Really, it's easy. Just drop your data into the text box and click submit. The script will then convert each line into the corresponding MD5 hash.
The Story… (really boring stuff)
This project started when one of my superiors asked for a way to identify, tag, and associate IT equipment with individual employees during an upcoming disaster recovery scenario. Since I’ve been playing with Rainbow Tables lately, I thought to myself, “Why not take their names, add a number, and convert the clear text values to MD5?” After wasting nearly an hour searching Google for a multiline MD5 hash generator, I decided to give up and write my own. So I wrote the script and presented the converted list to my superiors. They laughed and said the idea was a little more than what they were looking for. Well I thought the concept was awesome, and because I couldn’t find this utility anywhere else, I’ve thrown together a web interface and released it to the Internets.
Consider The Following:
- A new line (enter key) by itself returns:
- Wordpress auto converts consecutive new lines to "<p></p>"
- Results are displayed underneath the submit button.
- There are plans to integrate ajax.
- The maximum input value is currently limited to 10,000 characters. (05/24/11)
- Input should follow the same format demonstrated in the textarea.
- Bugs - Please Report Them
Word Count: 405